Wednesday, October 6, 2010

End of summer beach days

We try to get as many beach days in as possible, even once September comes.  In fact, I might go this Friday, and it's October! :)

Here are some pictures from the last month.

Trying to get a picture of the kids with a big wave in the background.



The waves really were big this particular day.



I had told the kids (per Steve's orders, since he had seen the marine forecast) that they could only go in up to their knees--that's why the girls are ON their knees.



We had a fun get-together with some friends the first week of September--it's so great when the beach isn't crowded.  It was a cloudy day, but the sun kept trying to break through.  The sky looked so big--I don't know how else to describe it.





Girls running on the beach



Nothing quite says the end of summer like seeing a forklift come and take the lifeguard chair away.



Swim at your own risk...



Guess it didn't scare Eli off!



A couple of weeks ago, I took the girls down to Narragansett Beach to take a long walk and look for shells.  It was a fabulous afternoon--we all had such a good time.

The days when their toes were smaller than mine are long gone...



Oh, they are so silly...





This was how they spent most of the afternoon.



Oh my goodness, I love this little pumpkin so much.



Kissing my Maddie-girl. It was just bright enough that she couldn't keep her eyes open for a picture--must get her light sensitivity from me. :)





It was such a great day.  I love my girls so much!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much. I am missing the beach too. Is it really going to be warm enough for the beach on Friday? I haven't even looked at the forecast. (Not that I can go anyway....too much going on Friday.)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)