Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waiting on a Hurricane

So Irene is getting set to blow through today. We spent yesterday preparing--I went to the store and bought water and Pop-Tarts, Steve brought in the patio furniture. :) We have batteries for the radio, and I charged up my phone & Kindle. Nothing else to do but wait!

Stay safe, if you're in Irene's path!

UPDATE:

We lost power on Sunday morning around 8:30am, and were without power for 17 hours. It came back on at 1:15 this morning (Monday, 8/29). We're so blessed & grateful to have it--more than half of the customers in RI are still without electricity.

My mom & dad came up tonight to have a hot meal & take showers. They have a well, so no electricity means no water.

Praying for the rest of the East Coast/New Englanders/Rhode Islanders tonight who are still without power. National Grid is saying it could take a week to restore everyone's electricity. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)