I've ordered all of the kids curriculum, and we did start school last week. Got 4 days in last week, only 2 this week. Oh well. That's homeschooling in August.
I've also gotten most of their school supplies: paper, notebooks, pencils, binders, etc. I think all I have left to buy are the materials the girls need for the art class they're taking at co-op.
Speaking of which, I'm feeling woefully unprepared. I emailed the parents of my students...only 2 responded. Great. We have a co-op meeting on 8/26, and I need to have a syllabus ready. I'm struggling with how much I should expect my students to do each week. I don't want to crawl through the books, but I don't want to overwhelm them, either.
Steve is back on 1st shift. Whew. Of course, he has now signed up to potentially do a....uh...I can't think of what it's called--basically, he volunteers to travel to work--meaning they'll ship him off to one of their other shipyards, and he'll work 7 days/week, 12 hour days for oh, 2 months or so, and then come home. Sigh. The money is supposed to be good, but not sure how I'll do with that. And he gets allergy shots, etc, so in the course of a month, he has several dr appts. routinely. I guess he'd have to find a dr. wherever he ended up? Anyway, don't know if it will happen or not, just waiting.
We went blueberry picking this week--it was so nice. Cool morning air, the previous night's raindrops all over the blueberry bushes, plump berries plunking into our pails.......and some kid blowing a whistle over and over and over and over and over....you get the idea. Luckily, we had at least 45 minutes of peace before he showed up. Thirteen pounds of blueberries later (ended up with almost 40 cups!), we were on our way. I can't wait to make a blueberry cake!
Oh, more news from the 'Summer that was Flying by too Quickly': we've officially left our church. The decision has been a long time coming--over a year. Short story is that we were/are really unhappy with some decisions that were made, how some situations were/are being handled. It just got to be too much. It's hard to sit in a service where you don't feel like you can trust the person running it. :( So, the search begins. We want to take our time, really feel like we're being sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.
Next week is the Washington County Fair--can't wait. In between now and then, we have a beach day, a sleepover, a birthday party, company, and a doctor's visit. Oh, and I found out yesterday that I need a root canal. Fabulous.
I promise I'll come back soon and upload some pics. Took just a gorgeous one of my kids the other day (if I do say so myself!). Love those guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)