Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness--Days 13-19

#13  Warm fall days!!!  We finally broke down last night (11/18) and put the thermostat upstairs at 60*, just to take the nip out of the air--it was SO cold.  BUT--we've been able to go this long without using our oil heat, which is such a blessing!

#14 A husband who spoils me.  He's going out today to buy a deep chest freezer for our basement!  I know, this benefits the whole family, but I'm so excited to be able to purchase some sale items in bulk, and to get a head start on our Christmas cookie baking, and to maybe be able to have some meals put up for busy days....all things our regular fridge/freezer doesn't allow.

#15 Allergy shots/medications.  It's recently been reconfirmed that I AM allergic to cats, and so is Steve (with his asthma, it's much worse for him), but we have our 2 kitties, and quite frankly, we're not getting rid of them.  Even though our allergist would be thrilled.  They're part of the family, though.
















#16 Living in the Ocean State.  When I travel (so rarely), I see mountains and rivers and lakes and big cities....I just can't imagine NOT living near the sea.















#17 Days off!!!  Steve has FOUR CONSECUTIVE days off this week because of Thanksgiving!  I'm so excited!!!!  He hasn't had more than one day off at a time in about 3 months--and most weeks he's been working 7 days.  So this will be a much needed rest for him, and some family time for us!!!

#18 Time to hang out with friends---I had a great time going to the midnight showing of the new Twilight movie with my friend, Carolyn.  We hadn't had a chance to hang out in ages, and although I'm getting waaayyy too old for midnight shows, it was so much fun!

#19  Lazy days.  We've been SO busy for the past 2 weeks.  More so than usual.  So to be sitting here, still in my pajamas, listening to some Craig Morgan, and updating this blog---pure heaven.  The day will get busier later on, but for now, I'm relishing the chance to just sit and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)