I have been a Bible-believing Christian for most of my life. But I have never read the entire Bible cover-to-cover. I've read most of it. Several times in fact. But each time I've started a reading plan, something has distracted me. I get behind and feel overwhelmed. Or get bogged down in Leviticus. :)
My friend Karen has been a huge inspiration to me in this area. She's on her second round of reading the entire Bible in 90 days. Yes, NINETY days. I'm not quite that ambitious, but Karen did let me know about a great website to help with your Bible-reading goals. It's called YouVersion. You can pick what Bible translation you want to read. You can pick different reading plans, everything from a week of devotions to the New Testament in 30 days to the whole Bible in 90 days or a year! You're able to keep track of it online, have the daily readings sent to your email or smart phone, or even do the readings at the website.
I've chosen to read the entire Bible in one year, chronologically. I'm on day 16, and really enjoying it!
One thing I've found to be a big help is having my Bible on my Kindle. It's easy to tote around, keeps my bookmark for me, and is very easy on my
As of today (day 13), I've read some of Genesis, and the entire book of Job. I'm excited to come back here periodically and update you on my progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)