Monday, January 9, 2012

Story of the Day 1/9/12

Ever read a book, and just know that it's going to be a favorite? That's how I felt the first time I read Crow Call  by  award-winning author, Lois Lowry.  I took it out of the library, and knew that I would end up owning it.  The book was just published in 2009, but has the feel of a classic.

My sister gave me an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and this story book was at the top of my wish list.

Crow Call

Crow Call is a sweet story of a girl on an outing with her dad, after he returns from fighting in WW II. I really don't want to tell you much, because I don't want to ruin your own discovery of this book.  :)  The illustrations by Bagram Ibatoulline are fantastic.  There are so many rabbit trails you could go down after reading this book--history, geography, farming, ornithology...

Do yourself a favor--go get this book.  Request it at your local library, or order it from Amazon.

1 comment:

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)