Monday, March 19, 2012

New floors

We're pretty low-maintenance tenants, if I do say so myself.  Steve's a handy guy, and most little things that need to be addressed, well, he just takes care of.  

But--we had a 'soft' spot in the bathroom floor.  And the kitchen floor tiles were coming unglued.  It was time to call the landlord.

They agreed that we needed both a new kitchen and new bathroom floor.  Woo hoo!

Here is what the kitchen floor looked like after the landlord took up the old tiles.


They had to repair the 'soft' spot in the bathroom floor--it needed a patch in the plywood.


After the floor guys put--whatever it was--on the floor.  Kind of looked like cement?


Almost ready--a peek at the new floor!


Ahh!  It looks great!  And it's a fantastic, dirt-hiding color. :)


Here's about as much of the bathroom as I could get.  I'm just happy to have linoleum that lies flat--the old linoleum was curling up under the baseboards, and the cats' jingly balls would get caught under there.


This feels so nice!  And it only took them 6 hours start to finish! Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! I bet it feels wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..looks great! I bet you just love it now!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    enjoy your new floor and this beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)