with my soul...
Not to sound too fanciful, but having grown up in the Ocean State, I *need* my beach time. And last night, I finally got to go to the beach! I don't think I've had a summer in my life when it's taken so long to actually get there.
We grabbed a couple of pizzas and some towels, and headed down to Narragansett Town Beach. I think I prefer going in the evening. You don't fight traffic, the crowds are thinning out, and it's just so relaxing.
I always get a photo of the Coast Guard House...Steve proposed to me at the sea wall near there.
Ahhhhhh...............I don't think I can exactly explain how much I needed to just breathe in the sea air and put my toes in the water.
The boy. :)
My beautiful Maddie-girl.
I have a picture of Patience, but she looks like she's violently winking at me (she said it was too sunny), so I left it out. :)
The girls and I always get a shot of our feet.
Eli joined the group--can you tell which feet are his? LOL
I must have a hundred pictures of my girls, exactly like this, walking into the water.
A shot of the moon--next week is the full moon--I think we'll come down to the beach again. I love watching the moon rise.
Almost every picture I have of the kids in the water looks very similar to this--as soon as Patience is in, she crouches down so that she's in up to her neck. EVERY time. :)
Steve, chilling out with a game on his Blackberry.
It was incredible to look at the sunset, and see two rainbows on either side! It wasn't until I came home that I realized that you could almost see the whole arc. A friend told me that it's called a 'sundog' and is caused by the rays of the sunset hitting high cirrus clouds.
Another shot of the sundog--so beautiful!!
It was a pretty perfect night. We stopped for ice cream on the way home. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous Rhode Island summer evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)