Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's always something

So, a few months ago, I noticed a bump on the palm of my right hand, just under my index finger.  It was weird, but didn't hurt, so no biggie, right?

Well, as time went on, it did get bigger, and it has started hurting, so this week I'll be going to see a hand specialist (an orthopedist).  I've already seen my regular doctor, who said it was a ganglion cyst, and referred me to the specialist.



I had x-rays done last week.  I have no idea what to expect when I see the specialist on Thursday.  Will he remove the cyst?  Will he make me set up another appointment?  All I do know is that my hand has been pretty sore this week--I even had to ice it today. I'm right-handed, so I bang it a few dozen times a day.


In other health-related news, Steve is doing well with his Lyme diagnosis--the swelling in his leg has gone down some, and it isn't as sore.  Also, he hasn't had any adverse reactions to the antibiotics that he's been on, which is great. He sees his doctor next week, so hopefully we'll get a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)