Finally, finally, we were heading to Magic Kingdom!! Off to the ferry we went!
Just outside of Main Street, USA.
I really, really loved being there while it was decorated for fall. :)
Taking a break with Goofy.
This ended up being our Christmas card picture. By the time we got back from vacation, we were too exhausted to attempt another family photo. :)
Oooh! The castle! The castle!!!!!
We went to the colonial section first (I think I have maps and stuff somewhere, but I'll be darned if I'm dragging them out now).
The Hall of Presidents was up first. It was empty, so we waited for the next show to start.
In front of the Liberty Bell.
Hey, Woody!
We didn't take ANY pictures with characters this time. Seven years ago, it seemed like you got photos if you happened upon a character that you liked, and you stopped, and it was all very organic and spontaneous. Now, they have designated areas where characters will be, with little clocks to tell you when they'll arrive, and you stand in line for an hour....No thanks.
We didn't take ANY pictures with characters this time. Seven years ago, it seemed like you got photos if you happened upon a character that you liked, and you stopped, and it was all very organic and spontaneous. Now, they have designated areas where characters will be, with little clocks to tell you when they'll arrive, and you stand in line for an hour....No thanks.
Here's Patience, attempting in vain to pull the sword out of the stone. I guess she won't be Queen.
Auughhh~"It's a Small World". That song just gets STUCK in your head.
And then it was off to Space Mountain. I have to say, I don't love this ride. I tend to get headaches on roller coasters. Some are worth the possibility (hello, Everest Expedition!), but this one was not.
Patience modeled some hats in the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop.
Ahoy, matey!
One of my favorite attractions is the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. Fritz! Ernst! Where are you? :)
Ahh, love that view.
Steve had to buy a hat--the sun was getting to him!
We had some down time before our dinner reservations, so we took some DOWN time. Four parks in four days--we were getting tired!
I took this picture of Eli over my shoulder backwards so that he wouldn't see me. :) I love it.
Patience & Maddie, trying on more hats.
We had to take a picture of these Rice Krispie treat turkey legs for my friend, Pam. :)
Wow.
The hourly parades were fun to see.
I love this picture--do you think they're getting tired? LOL
We went on a Jungle River ride--the 'tour guides' have a schpeel memorized, complete with TOTALLY corny jokes. Eli loved it. He was laughing so hard, I thought he was going to propose to our guide at the end of it. I was laughing harder at him than at the jokes. It was hilarious.
I love how the castle lights up as dusk approaches.
Ahhhh--it really was a magical day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)