Saturday I spent the day at Holy Name School in Fall River, MA, working a Pampered Chef table at their Fall Festival. Vendor fairs, such as this, can be tough, because as much as I'd like to be able to hand a customer the product that they want on the spot, items need to be ordered (owing to the fact that I do not have a 600,000 sq. ft. warehouse in my backyard--that is in Illinois!). So no sales. But I did hand out a lot of business cards and catalogs. We'll see what business comes my was as a result.
It was a long day (I was at the festival from 8:30am-5pm). I did buy some homemade clothes for Maddie & Patience's American Girl dolls. I was home around 6pm, after stopping at KFC for dinner.
Yesterday, Steve and I worked in the nursery at church. Cute little kids, but boy am I beat when we're done!
After leaving church, Eli, Maddie and I scooted down to Stamp Farm in North Kingstown to pick up the pumpkins that we'll use for centerpieces at my parents' 35th anniversary party this Friday.
Then, of course, it being Sunday, it was time for FOOTBALL! Did you SEE that game between the Pats & the Cowboys??!? GO PATS! A satisfying win, if I do say so! 6-0, not a bad way to start a season!
Maddie and I ran to Wal-Mart to grab some soup & crackers for dinner (I have been a complete schlep at planning meals the last couple of weeks!), and the kids went to bed once our (late) dinner was done. Steve and I got to hang out and watch the Saints/Seahawks game.
And that was it. Pretty riveting stuff, eh?
Today started with a trip to the chiropractor at 6:15am for me. Steve left for work, the kids & I had breakfast, did chores and got a little bit of school work done. We had to take a break at 11am, because today is Drew Carey's first day hosting The Price Is Right. Historic moment there! :)
This afternoon....maybe I'll have the kids clean off all of these pumpkins. I have to pick my mom up at 5pm, go with her to the gal's house who is making the cake for the party, drive my mom home to Richmond, stop at one of my PC team member's home & help her with computer stuff, get home, make the kids sleep for a couple of hours, wake them up, and then go meet my sister and her family at the airport at 11pm! Woo HOO! We're so excited to see them!
I need a nap just reading that last paragraph, so I will leave you with this funny Patience story:
As you know, Eli's birthday was last week, and my parents came over to celebrate. My mom saw Patience, wearing a cute Land's End dress, and said how nice it was that Patience had gotten dressed up for Eli's birthday. Patience and I had to walk into the other room for something, and she whispered, "I wore this dress to bed last night!"
I made her promise not to tell my mother....LOL.
Oh my goodness, Amanda. I think I need to go to bed now after reading this post. You must be exhausted!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful that your cousin, Pete is home!!
One of my brothers is in Iraq right now for his second tour, which got extended until January.
I loved the pictures of your field trip. The pic of you and Steve is great!
Hannah didn't tell me about the toothbrush because she thought that was Jonah's toenail brush. When she saw me about to use it, then she realized it.
And Jonah's reason for using it? "I don't know." My dh asked him why he didn't use his own if he was going to use a toothbrush and he said, "Dad, that would be disgusting!!"
Hmmm. LOL Holly
Okay, Patience is officially the funniest kid on EARTH! How do you not bust out laughing? :)
ReplyDeleteWell, the fact is--I DO bust out laughing! She cracks me up!
ReplyDelete