Thursday, October 11, 2007

Errant blogger, reporting in...

Sheesh, life has been crazy!  Where do I start?  No, really.  Do I start with today, and work my way back?  Or do I start with things that happened weeks ago, and go forward?  Sigh.

Okay, I'll start with today, because (drumrolll, please!) it is ELI's BIRTHDAY!  That's right, my boy is 11 years old.  Eleven years ago today, I was pushing out that giant 10 lbs. 1 oz. baby boy.  He started the day with Pop Tarts and his new Toby Mac cd (when did my kid start listening to hip hop???? Eeek!).  My mom and dad came over, and we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake & ice cream for lunch.




I know you can't tell, but that's a triple layer checkerboard cake.  Eli couldn't even finish his piece!  He got a cool Patriots backpack & two Bionicles from my parents.

After they left (both were working 2nd shift today), we went to Chuck E. Cheese.  The nice thing about going during school hours (and having big kids) is that I just let them loose with tokens and got to work on perfecting my game of Skee-Ball.  THIRTY games of Skee-Ball later, they were just about ready to go.

Eli requested shepherd's pie for dinner (I loathe making mashed potatoes), and the girls set the table, complete with folded napkins and beverages already served.  Ahhh.

I can't believe my boy is 11.  That's half-way to manhood.  We may only have him for another 7 years.  I'm going to blink and it will be gone. 





1 comment:

  1. That's one handsome 11 year old you have there, Amanda! Happy Birthday, Eli!! I hope it was the best ever!


    That cake is just bragging, btw, because my cakes NEVER look that good; they taste good, but they're UGLY. Well, usually they taste good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)