Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blog commenting etiquette question

I've been meaning to ask this for a while.



When someone comments on your blog, do you respond in a comment on your own blog (so other readers can follow the conversation, as it were)?  Or do you visit the commenter's blog, and comment there, knowing that they'll surely see your response?



I've been commenting on the commenter's blog, but in reading other blogs, I'm thinking that I'm supposed to comment on my own blog entry, after their comment. 



Am I over-thinking this? LOL



Any help would be appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. I'm no expert. LOL!! I usually answer on my own blog if a direct response seems appropriate.


    But, if someone visits and comments on my blog, I try to make sure I visit their's, too, and leave a comment on one of their entries to return the favor.


    It's so fun knowing that others are visiting and reading your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that first comment was from me; I forgot to sign my name. LOL!!


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're usually supposed to comment on the other person's blog... that is what my mom told me when I first started blogging anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done both. :) I used to go to the other persons blog, but then I saw how on Jen's blog you get a nice dialog going, so I tried that.


    OK, truthfully, who comments on my blog for me to respond to anyway? ROFLOL


    I guess that's just theoretical. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say comment back on the same blog... I always like seeing if people respond! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)