Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 6--no Diet Coke

I forgot to mention last week that I'm back on the no evil fire water Diet Coke wagon.  Still bumping along in my own little Constenoga Wagon.

 

Why the sudden change of heart?  Why give up my delicious, bubbly treat?  Well, I was talking to a friend, who told me about her friend, who was a Diet Coke junkie aficionado like myself.  I guess this friend had to see a doctor, who had to do a brain scan, and she has brain lesions that her doctor said were caused by the chemicals in the Diet Coke!  And that it could lead to Parkinson's Disease!**

 

Well, my friends, I have been scared straight.  I am drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day.  I am running to the bathroom constantly feel fabulous.   I'm also not eating after 7pm, in an attempt to lose the 8 lbs. that I've gained since early July, so the extra water helps with late night cravings.  Not as much as an icy cold DC would do, but I try not to dwell on that.

Tomorrow will be one week.  I can do this!

 

**If you have medical knowledge that contradicts this story, please do not tell me!  This is the only thing that has made me even want to give up my beloved Diet Coke!

8 comments:

  1. You can do it, Amanda!! Way to go! I did not know that about diet sodas. I knew they weren't good for you, but wow!

    I love all the pics of Patience-she is so beautiful. The pics w/ her brother & sister are so adorable.

    Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that's true. I get sooooooo loopy if I take too much fake sugar.


    ps loved the baby pictures below!!!


    Jen ~ http://Jeneralities.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Thanks for scaring the whits out of me! LOL!! I'll go off with you as soon as I get back from vacation!


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Amanda. I live on diet coke. How would I be able to give it up.


    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Remember, Diet Coke is of the devil! Actually, aspartame/sucrolose is of the devil and diet sodas are loaded with them! Yuck! Blah! Icky!


    Helping? ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Holly & JenIG (psst, guys, did you see that? JEN IG posted on my blog!! I'm very excited---and feeling slightly stalker-ish, LOL)


    Ann, if I can do this, anyone can. Today is day 10. I've been tempted, but I haven't given in.


    And yes, Shay, you're very helpful. LOL I know who to call the next time I want to reach for the ambrosia known as Diet Coke. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so mean to scare me like this! I gave up DC last year, but have slowly let it slip back into my ordering life. As in, I only drink it when I order it at restaurants, I don't buy it to have at home. Vera issues, ya know.


    Keep up the good work, my friend!! Jill S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, and here I was feeling like such a failure because I hadn't stayed on the wagon last year, when you were being SO STRONG. I feel better now.


    And next time--ORDER WATER! LOL

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)