Saturday, September 20, 2008

Field trip--Franklin Park Zoo

Another week of school is done!  I implemented some of the changes I talked about last week--math drills for Maddie on the computer, only giving her Science or Social Studies once she has finished math, english & spelling in a timely fashion.  I think it helped.  Eli and Patience weren't thrilled with having more pages to do, but they're getting it done.

 

We had another really busy week--I feel like I'm doing such a poor time organizing my time; I think I made 2 trips to the library, 3 to the bank, 2 to the post office.  I know a lot of this is due to my job, but I still think I can plan things better.

Co-op on Thursday went well.  The kids really are enjoying it.  We had chicken & veggies in the crock pot; I'm really enjoying using some of my crock pot recipes again!  Next week--Taco Soup!

Maddie had fun at art--they worked with clay, which she loves.  Patience had a good time at gymnastics, but wow, am I noticing how much time they spend waiting in line to go on an aparatus.  Oh well, it's only 8 weeks.

On Friday, my partner in crime, Sue, and I took the kids to the Franklin Park Zoo.  It was a ton of fun (sorry about falling asleep in the van on the way home, Sue--I wasn't driving, for those of you who are feeling concerned right now!). 





 

Here's a real-live vulture--all I could think of was the scene from Disney's The Jungle Book, "Wotcha wanna do, mate?"  "I don't know, wotchoo want to do?"

 

In front of a real gorilla!  They were very cool--this mama was nursing her baby while we were there.

 

On the giant crocodile (or was it an alligator???):

 



 

Patience on a platypus

 

 

Speaking of partners in crime...

 

They have a lion at this zoo!  It was very cool--we heard him roar while we were there!





Eli coming off of a slide-in-a-silo, in the barnyard section of the zoo.  There were sheep, a horse, some goats and chickens.



It was a great day--next stop, Capron Park Zoo in Attleboro!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)