Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God save me from children who are trying to be helpful

Patience does not know to use the washing machine.  This is because of a big sister who does everything for her a mystery.  I actually just told her the other day that I (me, the mother) would show her how very soon.  Especially considering that Eli has been doing his own laundry since the age of 7.

 

Today, Patience decided to do the girls' laundry.  She went down a few minutes ago to switch the load to the dryer, and came up panicked.  There were white spots on the clothes--she didn't know why!!!!  But she had still put the load in the dryer.

 

I went down immediately with her to figure out what had happened.  Apparently, she had put a medium/large load in the wash, set the load size to small, put the detergent in, and then splashed bleach all over the clothes.  No one had taught her, as of yet, about the special bleach dispenser.

 

  Some of the girls' clothes are ruined.  Including their new Land's End dresses.  HUGE bleach spots all over them.

 

I should be thankful, though, that Patience's new gymnastic's leotard was spared.

 

We had a laundry lesson, the clothes are running through the wash again sans bleach, and there is calm in the Towne House again.  Although I feel a bit like crying, because those dresses were brand new.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! If it's any consolation, Brenna's been doing laundry for years and still ruined a shirt (that I actually paid $35 for at Paris in Las Vegas for her birthday!) just yesterday due to washing it in the wrong load.


    It's only clothes, right? Sigh...


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*


    Kind of like ruining a load of dh's dress shirts (some new) because he left a pen in the pocket of one...


    Sometimes rubbing alcohol or hairspray will take ink out, and sometimes it won't.


    I also found out that Biz can act like bleach and leave white spots on clothes. One of dh's light blue dress shirts was ruined--I was washing it in a "light" load and added Biz because some of the whites were looking a little dingy. Biz doesn't claim to be bleach, at least I don't think it does, but it sure worked like bleach that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.

    If the Land's End dresses are already ruined, why not experiment with Ritz dye and see if you can dye them a uniform color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I know people think I'm nuts, but I do ALL laundry and this is one reason why! They can learn to do laundry when it's their money buying the clothes! LOL


    Seriously, I'm sorry. Considering I have a thing for Lands End dresses, I feel your pain! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all is calm in the Towne House now (moreso than yesterday). Maddie is cool with the idea of trying to dye her "nightgown", and Patience had to do laundry all day. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)