Sunday, February 1, 2009

Are you ready for some football?

The Super Bowl starts in an hour!  It's actually kind of nice that the Patriots aren't in it this year (don't throw tomatoes at me!)--there's no stress, whoever wins, wins, and I can just enjoy watching the last (sniff, sniff) game of the season.  And yes, I mean last--I totally do not count the Pro Bowl.

--

Steve isn't home from a job he's doing.  Hopefully he'll get here in time for kick-off.  I had to go to 2 stores to find tortilla chips for him. Stop & Shop was wiped out.  Maybe I shouldn't have waited until 4 hours before the game to go shopping!

--

It's an easy snack night for me.  Some fruit for the girls (they want a fruit salad.  SIDENOTE:  I tried the new Pampered Chef pineapple wedger, and it is a pretty awesome tool.  Maybe next time I'll try it on a ripe pineapple! LOL  The one we had was pretty sad looking.), chips, salsa, pretzels w/ some chocolate for dipping, bagel bites and pizza.  Oh, and some TGIFriday's frozen potato skins for Steve.

--

Steve stayed home from church this morning.  He was going to come home from Wal-Mart and catch a nap, then go with us, but he came home to find that we had run out of oil last night.  AUGH.  So he primed the pump with some diesel fuel, and the 10 gallons he put in should get us through until Tuesday (payday).  This is frustrating, to say the least, since we need to have the fan in the car fixed.  Winter in New England is no time to not have a working defroster!

--

Quick week in review

Patience had her first piano lesson.  Loved it!  She's looking forward to next week.  She also went for her 9 year physical.  She's 4'8" tall now! 

Maddie had to go with us to the doctor--she bruised her toe really badly, and I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything going on beside the bruise.  Doctor said it could take quite a while for it to go away.

--

Co-op on Thursday was a lot of fun, as always.  The kids really, really like going.  I wonder if there'll be anything like this for them next year.

--

I got all of my new Spring Pampered Chef products in!  Woo Hoo!  Lots of new toys to play with.  Thanks to everyone who ordered on my sale--I hit my goal!

--

I'm feeling frustrated with Maddie's math program.  I bought it off of ebay, and the seller neglected to mention that half of what they were selling was the older version of the curriculum and half was the updated version.  So, we got 1/4 of the way in (new version), and everything changed.  UGH.  So we've gotten through the next 1/4 (old version), and they're covering different things.  So now I need to patch up the holes of info that is missing before we can proceed.  Sigh.  I buy a curriculum so that I DON'T have to do this!  Augh!

--

Okay, it's almost time for kick-off.  I'm going to get into some cozy clothes, pop the pizza in the oven & settle back to watch some FOOTBALL! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Hope you are all enjoying the football game-hope Steve got home in time to see the beginning! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy week! Hate to hear that about the math curriculum! That would be very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm glad you hit your goal! And, I haven't even put my order in yet :P

    I remember last winter all too well. We couldn't afford oil, so we stuck to the gas stove, which was inadequate. everytime I had to pee, I DREADED sitting on that blasted cold toilet seat. TMI? But, now being on the opposite side of the spectrum, I miss the snow, and dread the summers here. So, in a way, I envy you guys!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)