Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh my gosh, I think we're REAL homeschoolers!

Last week, to my utter dismay, our electric pencil sharpener died.  There was a piece of lead stuck somewhere in it's inner workings, and no matter how hard I hit the thing, it wouldn't come out.

--

Well, you know how you're always reading stories of homeschoolers who can disassemble and reassemble VCR's and computers blindfolded and such?    Well, I figured that if we didn't try to fix the pencil sharpener, we'd have to buy a new one, and if we tried to fix it and it didn't work, we'd still have to buy a new one, so really, there was no risk in trying, right?




Using my handy dandy tool kit that I got for my birthday last year (133 more shopping days, kids), Eli and I managed to take the sharpener apart.  And then my brilliant boy fixed it! 



--



I'm so proud!  We're real homeschoolers now.  Like the ones you see in magazines who have their own businesses by age 12 & are netting $20,000 per year by raising goats and developing their own line of organic, totally hypo-allergenic skin care line.

Or something like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)