Thursday, August 19, 2010

My sister's visit: Day 2 ~OR~The day the Sandman came to town

Did I say SandMAN?  I meant SandMEN.  SandBoys?

Seeing how my sister has little kids, we decided to forgo the beaches with BIG waves, and go to the very kid-friendly Roger Wheeler State beach, otherwise known as Sand Hill Cove.  There are breakers so that there aren't any waves.  But there is water and sand, and really, what more could a little boy want?

Clean baby feet--this was immediately after they arrived, and the last time such a sight would be seen until after bathtime later that day.



Okay, get ready for a crunchy baby



But he was so happy--who were we to object?





Judah, getting in on the sandy action



I don't know about you, but I tried not to sit on any chair after Jack had used it. :)



Maddie was super-big-cousin, and stayed in the water with Isaac & Luke for hours!



Luke took his turn taking a sand bath--his basic mode of operation was to run into the water, get soaked, then ROLL in the sand.



Isaac wouldn't be left out of the action--here he is after a dip in the ocean.



We finally headed home around 3:30pm--I had had my fill of sand and sun.  Good thing we were headed back to my parents' home the next day!

2 comments:

  1. UGH! All that sand! That is the worst part about going to the beach (besides the hot sun which I avoid by going at night) oh yeah...and all the people (which again I avoid by going at night.) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cuties!!! Even if they're covered in sand.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)