July was, of course, busy. We've fit in a LOT of beach trips this summer--Friday's at Scarborough with friends, Sunday evenings at Narragansett Town Beach with church friends. A couple of lake visits--it's all been good. I actually have tan lines!
I started seeing a podiatrist--Dr. Waterman. She's great, and helping me deal with plantar fasciitis, mostly in my right foot. I have exercises to do, a brace to wear in the evening, and *sob* I threw my old flip-flops out. I need to buy some foot friendly sandals, but just haven't gotten around to it (might be because they cost upwards of $75 for a pair--sigh).
Selden, our beautiful 8 year old cat, had his vet visit. He's apparently put on some weight since Mr. Moses came to live with us--he's over 15 lbs now! Moses goes in a couple of weeks, they'll probably think he's too chubby, too! :)
We enjoyed a few more church softball games, but didn't make it to the last few. Ah well, there's always next year!
Here are some pictures from July--
My friend's baby,Shaelynn
The old man, Selden, taking a nap in the linen closet
At Spring Lake, in Burrillville, RI, with my friend, Laurie, and her girls
At Scarborough, waiting for friends to arrive
There's nothing like an empty beach...
it doesn't stay that way long!
My baby girl
Maddie catching a wave on the boogie board
The sunset at Narragansett Town Beach
I'll never understand why kids like dirt so much! This is Valencia, my friend Nicola's daughter, who recently got a baby sister!
Hey you, I have plantar fasciatis and it rarely bothers me anymore! Check out Foot Smarts, a catalog that my husband gets. He bought me some horrid brace thingies for my feet; I wore them every night for maybe a couple weeks and then a few hours before bed (while I was reading) and they helped immensely!
ReplyDeleteThe other thing is that I do wear Birkenstocks and they're better than the expensive tennis shoes I bought on my doctor's orders that were *supposed* to help plantar fasciatis. Wrong. Those shoes bugged me so much and my feet were always sore. Birkenstocks are the best.
Also, one little technique I learned made a huge difference. You know how you stretch out in bed and stretch your feet DOWN at the same time? Apparently that is the WORST thing you can do. So now, when I stretch, I stretch my feet UP so that they're pulling correctly. Maybe you never stretch that way so it isn't an issue, but it made a big difference for me.