Anyway, the coupon was good for a few days, so I decided to take the kids back--Eli and Maddie needed sneakers and a few other things for fall, and Patience needed new pants. Christine came with us, and picked up a few things for herself.
We had a great time shopping, and then Christine came back to our house and she and I watched Better Off Dead. Great movie. It was a fun, relaxing afternoon.
She headed back to my mom & dad's to get her family--we made plans to have dinner at the beach. It was a beautiful night, and the water was gorgeous. We ended up following them back to my parents' house--we just wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before they left the next day.
Here's Steve being a wimp about a little bit of wind!
Judah was having a great time playing in the sand (I know, you're shocked LOL)
Jack was loving the water--it only took a minute before he was soaked head to toe.
SPLASH!
over and over again--it was a riot.
The waves weren't too big, but this one caught them.
Ugh, when I think of the amount of sand that must have been creeping up his pant legs...
Luke was having a blast--a friend said that this picture looks like he is conducting music!
Judah must have fallen down--here's Maddie making sure that he's okay.
C'mon, Matante, you know you want to pick me up! Not really, Jack, but I did give in eventually--he's just too cute!
When it's after hours, you have to sit in a lifeguard chair!
Swinging the baby around
Uncle Steve helps out in the baby-holding department.
He followed some seagulls around, which thrilled Jack!
Me & my sis
Isaac finally came out of the water!
All the grandkids up on the lifeguard chair
My kiddles
The beach is so peaceful in the evening.
Eli did a great job taking this picture of Christine and I with our hubbies.
Back at mom & dad's--I think this picture makes my face look thin. :)
Two very tired boys playing 'Guess Who?'
These last pictures is for all of my friends who knew Christine when she was younger, and are always telling me how much Maddie looks like her. I only wish I'd thought to tell Maddie to put her hair down.
What do you think?
We had a wonderful week--I'm so glad that Christine and her family were able to come, and that we got to spend so much time with them. Now that I have a reliable car, I'm hoping to make it Toronto in the next year--I need to get passports for the kids first. But I absolutely want to make sure that we don't go another 18 months without seeing them.
We miss you guys! xoxoxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)