Easter morning:
On Easter, we went to church, then to our friends Kyle & Beth's home for a potluck. We always have such a nice time there. The food and fellowship are wonderful. Here's a pic of the Strawberry Pineapple Angel Food Cake trifle I made. (Just cuz it's yummy!)
The Tuesday after Easter I was knocked flat on my back by a stomach bug. THANK GOD I was the only one who got it. That was a long week--I felt so icky. We did manage to get to most of our appointments, though--writing class for Eli, an orthodontist appointment for Eli, eye doctor appointments for the girls...no rest for the weary, that's for sure.
On Saturday, April 10th, the Rhode Island Guild of Home Teachers (RIGHT) hosted a small homeschooling conference, with several veteran homeschoolers from the area holding workshops. It was great to reconnect with several friends that I hadn't seen recently.
We haven't done a ton of field trips this year. Mostly, I think, because every week we've had art, piano & writing class for the kids. So we've been out and about and seeing people. We did go on a hike to Rome Point on 4/15. What a beautiful spot, and I never even knew it was there! I saw that a few hs'ers were going and asked to join them. We had gorgeous weather--it was great to get outside and enjoy it!
Throwing rocks into the water
I had a light month as far as Pampered Chef shows goes, but was busy working my business nonetheless. A great gal, Katie, joined my team, and she's just been a joy to get to know.
April 14th was a BIG, BIG, BIG day, as Mr. Eli got his braces OFF, OFF, OFF! I didn't think he could get any handsomer, but by golly, he's gone and done it. I so appreciate homeschooling--we just might get away with a few more years before girls start calling.
April was a big month for Eli for another reason. He went to CANADA with my mom & dad to see my sister and her family. They left on 4/21 (he got his retainer the day before!) and came home on 4/25. He had a blast playing with his 4 cousins, ALL BOYS, who are ages 7, 5, 3 & almost 1. He was in boy heaven. We missed our boy, but man, was it quiet and peaceful here with only 2 kids. :)
That's Eli with baby Jack--he'll be a year old on 5/27!
While Eli was in Canada, the girls and I decided to have a girls day and head to the American Girl store in Natick, MA. I figure I don't have too much longer until Maddie feels too old to play with her dolls. *sigh*
Wow
Having lunch at Friendly's in the mall
The other fun thing that happened in April was the start of the chuch softball league season. A lot of our friends are playing on the team, so we try to make it to all of the games (cookies in hand, of course!).
Team Captain Andy
C'mon, Jon--homerun!
It's my buddy Nick's first year playing with the team--he'll be 16 next month.
This is Jon's baby--isn't he cute? I mean, ADORABLE?
warming the bench
Now, May has been busy for a couple of reasons--tons of PC shows, and end of school year stuff!
Eli actually finished his 7th grade curriculum right after getting back from Canada. He's already started 8th grade--just to get a head start on next year. He's also done with the writing class he was taking, which frees up Wednesday afternoons.
Maddie is done with spelling, science and social studies. We're still working through Queen's Language Lessons, but should finish it next week. We'll be working on her math through the summer. Her last art lesson is next week--she'll be continuing those next year--she loves going.
Patience is done with science and social studies. She'll finish Queen's Language Lessons with Maddie, and she's almost done with math & spelling. Summer cannot come soon enough for me!
Maddie's been doing some babysitting, mostly with my help so far, but she's so great with kids, I know she'll be in high demand soon. We helped out some of the moms at church recently.
Valencia just *loves* Maddie, and is always so excited to see her.
Valencia and her sister, Vivian, will be welcoming a new brother or sister in July--can't wait!
Here's Patience watching some kids play while at a friend's home.
We were so excited when our friends Andy (team captain Andy) and Kimberly welcomed their 4th child into this world. Shaelynn is a beautiful baby & we're so thrilled for them!
Another fun thing that has happened in May is that Eli & Maddie now attend youth group at our church! They went for the first time last week and loved it! I can't believe I have two kids old enough for youth group!!!!
And that (to make an insanely long post longer) is what's been up with us. Maddie's going to Virginia next week with some friends to visit our (other) friends who moved there at the end of February. So lots going on. Add to that the busy month I've had with PC, we've been crazy. I'm so looking forward to taking a break from school. Who knows? Maybe I'll even blog more. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)