I'm down to 2 kids today. Maddie left last night with her friend, Bethany (and Bethany's family), to drive to Virginia to visit with our friends, John & Kim & their girls.
First Eli travelled to Canada with my parents, now Maddie is headed down the eastern seaboard without us....they're growing up. I did tell Patience that she is never allowed to leave. EVER. :)
Maddie will be gone until Monday evening. I miss her already. I'm telling you, that girl is my right arm here around the house. I guess it will be good for her brother and sister to have to pull some extra weight around here.
In other news, today is our last day of school. Which means we now have an 8th grader, 7th grader and 5th grader in the house. They're growing up. I'm trying not to think about it too much, because then I have to go rock and suck my thumb in the corner to deal with the thought of them moving away. Well, maybe it's not quite that bad, and I promise, I'm *totally* enjoying seeing them grow into these awesome people, but if you see me looking a bit glazed on any of their wedding days, it's because I'm heavily sedated so that I don't sob hysterically the whole time.
Okay, off to finish school! Eli has 2 tests, and Patience has to do some spelling and THAT'S IT! "No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!" Unless they don't do their chores, then they get the evil eye. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)