Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Last night the kids and I had dinner at a friend's home.  Lots of fun.  The kids played Wii, and the adults got to visit (I also, ahem, beat my friends at a game of Scrabble.  But I digress....LOL).

Steve was supposed to join us, but had to work late.  Once he was out of work, he called me to let me know that he was at StatCare because he had gotten cement dust in his eye!  Later I found out that he had gotten said dust in his eye at 1 PM, and didn't tell me about it until 6:30pm!  Sheesh!

He was in so much pain when I got home.  The doctors had given him Percoset, so he did sleep, but this is what he looked like this morning:



Poor guy.  He has to work tomorrow, but I'll be calling to get him an appointment with a real eye doctor.  It still hurts quite a bit, but he has one more Percoset left.  He'll be asleep 5 minutes after he takes it. :)

Do you have any New Year's Day traditions?  Well, growing up, my mom would make French Meat Pie every New Year's Day.  I'm not even sure where she got the recipe. 

 

For the last ten years, though, she usually has had to work on January 1st.  Sometimes she'd make the pie, sometimes not.  Well, this year, I decided to try my hand at it.  My parents came for dinner, and my mom declared it a success! (WHEW!)

(Note the lovely Pampered Chef glazed deep dish pie plate, which is coincidentally on sale--along with all of PC's stoneware--for 20% off this month!  Feel free to contact me or your local consultant if you have any stoneware needs! )

 

In other news, the television that I bought Steve for Christmas did NOT work with the Playstation 1 that my dad handed down to him.  So we returned the TV.  And Steve has set up the video game on the regular TV.  I'm sure this is a sight I should get used to seeing:

 

Maddie is still sick, so could you pray for her if you think of it?  I think we'll be bringing her to the doctor's tomorrow.  She just isn't bouncing back like I'd like.  And now her ears hurt.  She's not running high temps, but she's supposed to have Awana tomorrow night, and I rather not bring her if she's contagious.  And Patience is starting again with the sniffles and dry cough.  Calgon!

In resolution-related news, I don't think I'm going to make any this year.  Last year I wanted to learn to quilt, become a runner and lose weight.  Well, I made a rag quilt, didn't learn to run, and gained weight.  SIGH.  Oh well--Happy New Year, everyone!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)