Really, my list could be miles long, but I'll focus on one thing today:
SNIFFING
We're just about done with the sickies here, so the coughing and sniffing has abated.
Today, though, Miss Patience (it's her name, folks, not a descriptive nickname) decided to throw a fit when it was time to do math. SHE WILL BE 8 NEXT WEEK. Sheesh.
She was on my lap, begging me to let her take the day off from her hard, hard math (adding & carrying, and have I mentioned just how smart she is?). I explained to her that she would in NO way be allowed to do this in a public school, and she needed to shuffle off to Buffalo and get the work done.
She cried, she pouted, she stalled. And finally started doing her math. All of those tears, though, got her juices flowing, and now she is back to sniffing every 1.2 seconds.
I am losing my mind. Where is a baby bulb syringe when you need one? Oh, that's right, all of the baby stuff is GONE, because she is a BIG KID now.
Would someone tell her that? Sigh.
<smiling as I read this> Hang in there!
ReplyDelete