Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tax season, urgh!

Every year, I tell myself the same thing. "Amanda, next year, you will NOT, I repeat, NOT, wait until January to input all of your business expenses into your computer program!!"

And what does every January find me doing?  Yes, frantically trying to figure out mileage for all of my Pampered Chef shows. 

This is the year, though, that I VOW that it will be different.  I've already instructed hubby to stay on my case about keeping up with my receipts and such.  (We'll see how that goes! LOL)

The reason for my rush, at the moment, is two-fold.  One, Steve and I are gearing up for our April trip to London.  Passports are in hand, trip has been registered for, the flights are booked.  Just one teeny, tiny concern--having enough money to actually eat for the 6 days that we are there! *eyes rolling*  The pound is so strong that for every US dollar we bring over, we'll only get 1/2 pound.  You do that math.  I'm just a touch worried that we'll run short of cash.

The other reason (and I'm just being transparent here) is that we qualify for state medicaid, and we need to reapply by next week for the next year.  So I need to have an accurate record of what I've made, which includes listing all of my expenses.  I'm almost done, but it's a bit time-consuming.

We're finally done with our "month of medical appointments"!   I had my teeth cleaned today.  Steve and I had our eyes checked yesterday.  Patience had her physical on Monday--we also found out that Maddie has a sinus infection then. :(

The kids all had their teeth cleaned, the girls had their eye exams, Eli had an allergy shot, and Maddie had 2 appointments for her ear infection.  Whew!  It felt like every other day we were off to some medical office or other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)