I have to get my tax report ready for the accountant, and it's taking forever (that's what I get for waiting until January to do an entire year's worth of expenses).
Dishes are piling up, and for some reason, that is the ONE chore that I cannot get the children to do without me telling them to. Everything else, they will do without me instructing them to, but not dishes.
The kids have Awana tonight. Between the holidays and being sick, they haven't done much practicing. So I had to listen to how no one wanted to go, because they weren't prepared.
Then I made the mistake of trying to have a bit of alone time. I usually do this in the afternoon, once school is done--the kids go up to play, and I get to watch a bit of HGTV or something. Today is was a movie. No dice. They each came down at least 2 times....3 kids, 6 trips downstairs, 1.5 hours of mom time--that's a kid coming down every 15 minutes. I'm aggravated.
I don't remember joining Awana myself, and I'm just being honest when I say that it is annoying to have to hold their hands through so much of it. Everyone needs to say verses to me, everyone needs help spelling things, everyone needs help with instructions. I feel like I had too many kids, and I only have three. I don't remember bugging my mom so much when I had schoolwork or memorization to do. Maybe this is my fault. I'm sure I'm letting them down in some (and so many) ways.
Everyone is still recovering from being sick, which means they're getting tired more easily, and Patience is throwing fits about the stupidest things. Yesterday, it was because we had to run an errand, and she didn't want to go. Today it is because at 4:30pm, I won't let her have candy.
Now Maddie is crying because she needed help with answering some questions, but instead of asking, she sits in the other room and waits for me to ask her if she needs help. And of course, I'm aggravated, so she is upstairs sobbing now, because I spoke to her harshly. I do not want to deal with this.
I did let the kids watch some of the Hardy Boys video they have today, and that was a fiasco, because Steve played his (stupid) Playstation last night, and didn't switch the cables back so that the dvd player would work. And I don't know how to fix that. So I had to call him, and he came home to fix it, but it was just another aggravating thing today.
Now I have to figure out something for dinner--I think pasta--but I have to do the rest of the dishes before I can cook. Why am I not just making the kids do it? Because it will be easier right now to just do it myself.
Sorry for such a downer post. I'm just in the worst mood, and definitely not in the mood to run them all over Warwick tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)