What a busy week! Steve was in Baltimore from Tuesday morning until Friday afternoon, so in between it was just the kids & me! I need a vacation!
On Tuesday morning, we went on a field trip to the Warwick Police Dept. Lots of fun; the kids had a great time. I even got a picture of Patience in the cell block--if I ever figure out how to add photos, I may share that one.
Once we were home, I realized we had missed Eli's allergy shot, so I called to reschedule that, and they squeezed us in for 1:30.
Tuesday afternoon we had to go to Newport so that I could close a Pampered Chef catalog show. Do you think after being a life-long resident of Rhode Island, I could remember that I needed $2 to cross the bridge? NO! I paid the poor man with change--and yes, some of it was pennies! Thankfully the catalog show host had some payments in cash, so we were able to get home!!!
Then it was off to the library! We haven't been in ages...the late fees were killing me! But because St. Patrick's Day is next week, I wanted to get some books. Our awesome librarian was able to find the exact book I wanted, even though it had been shelved in the wrong spot! She also recommended a great read aloud to us, "The World According to Humphrey". Great story--kept us laughing, which is just what we needed with all of this packing and such.
We also left the library with 3 movies, so the kids popped in disc 2 of "Redwall" when we got home. And ate dinner in front of the TV. Then off to bed.
For the life of me, I cannot remember what we did Wednesday, but I know we were busy........oooh, oh, wait--I just checked the calendar. Patience had to get a filling (her third or fourth...sigh, at least these teeth are going to fall out...), which only took 15 minutes. Then we ran to the bank and post office.
Thursday we went to my best friend, Kathy's house for a playdate and lunch. And some mommy visiting time! Nice & relaxing.
All of the kids were very snuffly, so on the way home (after stopping to see my dad at my parents' new house), we went to Wal-Mart (or the Evil Empire, as my husband calls it) to stock up on Sudafed. Which means we didn't go to the grocery store for the milk & eggs I needed (this is a little Wal-Mart, not one with a grocery store, although they did have bread, which we needed also!!!).
Patience must have eaten too much, because she threw up that evening. Yuck. But only once, so it must not have been a virus. She fell asleep on the couch, and I just put her in bed with me for the night.
Friday morning we visited Coggeshall Farms, in Bristol, RI. It is a living history museum of a farm in the 1790's. The weather was supposed to be almost 60 degreees and sunny--of course there is was overcast and chilly!!! We froze for about 2 hours, while learning some very cool things about tapping maple trees and making maple syrup. We may go back in a couple of months to watch them shear sheep!
We went home for a few hours, then it was time to go pick Steve up at the airport. A quick trip to Shaw's Supermarket on the way home for Italian bread and ice cream (I got to into the store ALONE--nice!), and then we were in for the night! It's good to have daddy home.
This morning we continued learning about St. Patrick and Ireland. We went to my Uncle Ray's to drop off his Girl Scout cookies, and now we are home until I have to go to work. I have a show this evening and another one tomorrow afternoon. Whew!
I did take the kids to see the new apartment Thursday night. They seem to like it, and I took pictures, so that I can remember what it looks like. It's a great apartment, but there are only 2 closets and very few cupboards. I don't know where we're going to fit everything......
OH Amanda! I can't wait to see pictures of your new apartment!!!
ReplyDeleteI know I've already said it, but I am so happy that you found a great apt. in time. :o) Looks like you have had a busy week. Are you going to the FIAR conference??
ReplyDeleteI had pressed the random blog button and found YOU. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I felt like I've known you from somewhere :) I totally understand the frustrations of finding an apartment. My husband and I have gone through this many times. Last move, we had to be out by the end of March 2004. We really felt this was God's leading and felt ok with moving. We put in two applications in townhouses that were in a good area and the right price. Both times the landlords came back and said he liked us but had to give the townhouse to the first person that saw it. This was so frustrating and we have seen so many unappropriate places that were terrible and digusting. By the middle of March, my faith was wavering a little. I had house full of stuff, three kids and dog that had to go SOMEWHERE. Well, after looking at yet again a too small place for too much money, we drove around the block and found a sign in front of a townhouse complex that said "units available". Well a long story, sort of short, we looked at a unit that was in the midst of being painted. I didn't even see the whole place, but generally liked the layout of the main floor. We applied for it, prayed and prayed. We moved in a week later. PRAISE GOD!! It has been the best move yet and the best place for us. Anyways all that to say, remember: God is sovereign, He will take care of you!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, mlpinky