Do your kids ever say things that make you do that? Just like, Whoa.
I was hugging and kissing Patience today (she's the baby in the family--we do this often!!!), and I said that she was a blessing from God. She asked how, so I said that God must have looked down and thought, "They need a Patience!", and so He gave her to us.
Patience said, "Well, why did God think you needed an Abigail, and then He changed His mind?". Ooomph. The question of the century (at least in our family). Patience went on to say, "Well, maybe He changed His mind, and decided that He needed Abigail in Heaven."
I know that once I get to Heaven, I won't care about the whys, and maybe we'll never know "WHY" it had to happen. But maybe we will be let in on that secret. Maybe I won't like the reason. In my human-ness, there doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to justify a baby dying. I guess that's why he's God, and I'm Amanda.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)