Saturday, March 18, 2006

My new jobs

Nursemaid:  Well, okay, this one isn't really new, but Steve has pneumonia.  He went to the doctor on Wednesday, and has been out of work since. 

  

He's supposed to go back on Monday--I'm not sure he'll be ready.  He has a very physical job, and just going up and down the stairs a couple of times is enough to wind him.  He is feel much better than he was. 

  

Eli had a stomach bug this week.  My poor boy.  It seems whenever he gets sick, it turns into a stomach bug.  And that really throws him for a loop--two days on the couch, pale, weak.....Thank God for popsicles! 

  

My next new job?  Moving guy!  We got the keys to the new apartment on Wednesday evening, so I've been moving boxes over all week.  Note that I said "I" have been moving boxes.  They're too heavy for the kids, and Steve is too sick.  My thighs are on fire (we are on the second floor): let's do the math, shall we?  About 50 boxes...that means 100 flights of stairs.  And about a zillion boxes to go.  Twelve days until our address officially changes. 

  

Old job revisited: Paper girl!  There is no way that Steve can do the paper route tomorrow morning, so I'm it.  Up at 3:30am--I don't think I'll end up going to church, and then on to my real job....a Pampered Chef show at 2pm. 

  

It's been a very long, tiring, stressful week.  There have been blessings, though.  Steve being home means that I can make runs to the new place without the kids.  I may try to make one more run today.  I've gotten a lot done, but there is just so much stuff to move (and no where for it to go!).  I went shopping to look for storage cabinets, which we will have to use for food storage, cookware, etc.  There are just no cabinets in this new apartment!

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in to see how you all are doing Amanda. I know it's a crazy time for you but I hope everyone is now healthy and you are getting all of your boxes moved etc. Thinking of you!


    Karen

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)