Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

My friend Jen does this every week--I thought it would be fun! 
  
Thirteen Things about Amanda: 
  
1. I love Barry Manilow. 
  
2. But don't ever call me Mandy. 
  
3. I didn't actually want to homeschool. 
  
4. My dad was the one who put the thought in my head. 
  
5. I am the oldest of 2 siblings. 
  
6. It amazes me that no matter how old my sister & I get, I will always BE the older sister, and that that actually means something.  We're only 14 months apart, yet I am the big sister (I'm fatter than her, too, but that isn't what I mean.). 
  
7. I am 8.5 years younger than my husband, and I had a huge crush on him before we dated. 
  
8. Our first child, Abigail, died 2 hours after she was born.  She had a diaphragmatic hernia that was discovered when I was 5 months pregnant. 
  
9. I was 21 when she was born. 
  
10. I graduated from a private, Christian church-school. 
  
11. FIFTEEN years ago! YIKES! 
  
12. I was the valedictorian. 
  
13. In a class of 8.  (That does NOT diminish the accomplishment!
  
So there you go.  You now know a few more things about me!

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way with my sister, only I'm just a year and 8 days older. We actually share the same due date, August 10. I was born right on my due date, then my mom got the same due date the next year for my sister. She was 8 days late though. I tease her that she's been 8 days late ever since!


    I didn't know that about your first child. I'm sorry to hear that. :-(


    Welcome to the 13!


    Jen http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I may have to steal it for our blog. What a great way to get to know people better. Loved reading your thirteen!

    ~Jen Unsell

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)