We had a fantastic Christmas! I hope that you and your family did as well.
Steve ended up working late on Christmas Eve, and didn't get home until after 7pm. We were disappointed that we couldn't go to our church Christmas Eve service, especially since we're now in our new building. The kids and I watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Once Steve and I were home, we watched part of The Christmas Story. Patience vowed to be awake by 5am on Christmas morning. 
--
Well, I woke up at 5:45am, and jumped into the shower. The older kids were awake shortly after that, and I had to wake Patience up just after 6am. 
We read the Christmas story--well, Patience started reading it, and got stuck on a word, then Steve took over, but realized that he really needed his reading glasses, and I finally finished the story. A group effort. Then we said a short prayer, and were ready to open gifts.

See the tall package standing up on the right hand side of the picture? Well, Patience was convinced that it was the keyboard that she had asked for. She insisted that we open that gift first---so we did. Here's Eli opening his gift! LOL

If someone wants to tell me how to put a video on this site, I have one of him pogo-ing.
Here's the family ready & waiting.

Patience excited about her new foot care products! See this post for more info on why she would be excited. LOL

We finally took the BIG box out from behind the tree...

I guess now we have to sign her up for piano lessons--my friend, Ruth, gives them.
Pure joy--Eli got the Lego kit he asked for!

My budding chef

Me & my girls

Patience, tickling the ivories:

Maddie, inspecting her Tiny Art Kit.

Eli disappeared for about 2 hours to build this:

Success!

We had a super relaxed morning. Steve and I both took naps, the kids logged on their new Webkinz, the girls had raman noodles for lunch...my kind of a holiday. We headed down to my mom & dad's around 1:45pm--I had to stop at CVS for batteries for the new electronic Catch Phrase game (that we have yet to play!). More pics of that visit in the next entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)