After 9 months of making and using my own laundry soap, I gave in and bought detergent.
It was the holidays, we were busy, I just didn't feel like standing there and shredding a bar of soap (I SO need a food processor to make quick work of that).
So I bought some Gain. Or was it Arm & Hammer? And then I couldn't stop smelling my husband! I was like, "Oh my gosh, you smell good!". And realized it was his clothes. Washed in the store-bought detergent.
I still have supplies to make more powdered detergent. I hadn't been adding an essential oils or anything--can you add those to a powdered detergent? Maybe that's what I need to do.
In the mean time, I'll just keep inhaling deeply when Steve's around (wearing freshly laundered clothing, not, like, straight from work or anything...LOL).
Maybe you should just wash his clothes in the store bought stuff. :) Or yours.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the smell of the original Gain and of Fab....do they even still make Fab? But Gain is my detergent of choice, but it's way too expensive. I need to get back to making my own laundry soap. I've usually make the liquid version, but had thought of doing the powedered version this next time. What I've done in the past is simply add a bit (a few capfuls if I was using liquid) to the homeamde laundry soap. It blends in and yet provides just a bit of nice scent for me to enjoy. Plus if I use just a bit of the store bought it will last for a long time. Have a great 2009.
ReplyDeleteCheleLew @ homeschoolblogger.com/chelelew