Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ugh, can't sleep

So, Steve and I went to bed last night around 9:45 pm.  Not too, too early, but here I am at 4:23, and I've been awake almost all night.


Eli spiked a fever of 102 just before bedtime, and I was laying there (lying?) listening to the kids breathe, listening to Steve breathe (making sure he was -- we have to get rid of those guinea pigs!!!), listening to the guinea pigs run around their cages....


Eli woke up a couple of times to pee.  Maddie called me, but she was actually sleeping, and she actually apologized saying something like, "Sometimes I say things and don't mean them...".  LOL  She won't remember it in the morning.  She's always been our "sleep-talker".


Then Eli woke up, and I got up to give him some more Motrin, and by then it was 3am, and I was like, what the heck, I may as well get up.


So I watched some of "The Soup" on E! Channel, and beat my friend Heather's high score in Pathwords on Facebook.  Oh, and I cut  my toenails, which is good, because they were really bothering me when I was trying to sleep.  Now it's 4:30, and I'm thinking I should try to get some sleep, y'know?   I probably should have taken a tylenol pm at midnight, when I realized that I wasn't falling asleep.


I'm supposed to get together with my friend, Stephanie, later today, but I'm not sure if I should cancel, because the kids are sick?


And we have to get rid of these guinea pigs...wait, I already mentioned that.  Don't even get me started on money worries....Steve's basically not getting a paycheck this week--last week was that bad at Roto Rooter.


Maybe I'm just stressed?  Sigh, that tylenol pm probably would have been a good idea.......

2 comments:

  1. Sick kids, low finances...I am so with you there. I hate sleepless nights, the worries set in. I will be praying for you and for your husband's job. Something I have been trying to do is count my blessings lately..it sounds silly to some, but it does help. My husband has been laid off for 2 weeks and so I made it a point to try to document blessings we receive...that has helped. Hang in there, I'll be praying.

    ~Lori

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/henhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by to give you a (((((hug))))).


    Hope you are all well soon and that you get a good night's sleep tonight. Praying for the financial stuff and a new home for the guinea pigs, too...


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)