Bear with me. I'm cranky today.
Today I'm thankful for Facebook. Not because it is a time-consuming, soul-sucking time waste. But because it allows me to stay in touch with people like my sister, Christine, who I miss so much. Before FB, I was really disconnected from her everyday life, and now, not so much! I see what's she's up to on a day to day basis, and that helps.
My friend, Susanna, moved away a couple of years ago. ALL THE WAY TO GEORGIA! But thanks to FB, I can see pics of her new baby, and have fun, hilarious conversations with her.
I have cousins scattered up and down the East coast. I don't know them well--I'm the oldest cousin, and they moved away when they were little. But now I feel like I know them better, which is cool.
That's just a few examples, but they represent what I like best about FB...not Bejeweled Blitz, but feeling connected to people!
Well, I don't get why some people spend a ton of time playing Facebook games. I'm with you, it's great to stay in touch and when Facebook helps us with that it's a fabulous thing and something to be Thankful for.
ReplyDelete