Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness--Days 23 & 24

Wow, it's the day before Thanksgiving already!  This month has flown by!

Let's see...

#23

Madeline.  I have to tell you--this girl is my right arm.  She helps out around the house, helps with cooking and baking, rarely complains...she's a gem.  It's hard to believe how grown-up she is now at 12 1/2.  I can still remember feeling her little cheek pressed up against mine, when she fit up against my shoulder.  Now, if she sits on my lap, she's taller than me. :)

#24

The strength to make preparations for Thanksgiving.  Steve, Patience and I are still under the weather.  I'm so tired.  I really just want to take a nap.  But I've made pumpkin squares (will frost those in the morning), made cranberry-lime-pinapple sauce, have a pie in the oven, and I'm getting ready to make the filling for the sweet potato casserole.  I hate peeling sweet pototoes.

Anyway, I'm just grateful that I'm not feeling too sick to do this stuff.  It's going to make tomorrow that much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)