Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness--Day 7

Today I am thankful for friends who know how to work on computers and are willing to share their know-how and time!

I mentioned to our friend, Tony, that our desktop computer really needed to be looked at.  It needed tons of stuff dumped from the hard drive, and was running so slowly that we couldn't get it to do much.

I figured we'd have them over sometime in the next month to let him work on it.  Oh no.  They call THIS AFTERNOON, and offered to come over, AND Sue (Tony's lovely wife & a dear friend of mine) brought dinner!  Tony spent almost 5 hours working on the desktop, and it seems like he got a lot done.  Steve's defragging the computer as I type.  It's moving at a glacial pace, but it's getting done.

Another thing to be thankful for today?  Steve was able to buy a new laptop for the family to use--it's a Compaq and he got it for $277!  Phenomenal deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)