Ah, Saturday. I do love the weekends.
Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I was a child bride (20 years old) who had dropped out of college. My college friends, of whom I had few, were still wrapped up in classes, part-time jobs, boyfriends, etc., and we quickly lost touch.
My high school friends, of whom I had more, weren't married yet, or had moved away, and I didn't have a lot of contact with them.
I knew people at work, but didn't see them outside of work.
I had married a man 8 1/2 years older than me, who had even older friends, so we weren't really hanging out with them.
I was lonely. I really wanted a friend. Someone I could call just to say hi and chat. No reason needed. Someone that would just pop by the house & visit, shoes kicked off and feet on the coffee table.
And so I prayed. I asked God for a friend.
It didn't happen overnight, but looking back--WOW. Was that prayer answered.
Today I am thankful for my friends. The ones who I see every week. The ones who I adore, but only speak to a few times a year. The ones who I can call when I just need to vent or chat or laugh so hard my stomach hurts. The ones who will let me be real, cry if I need to, or pray with me.
God had blessed me with so many friends. I'm rich with friends. And so grateful for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)