Saturday, November 20, 2010

So, okay, I knew that yesterday was going to be crazy.  We had 2 friends sleep over (16 year old boys--I'm sorry, I'm NOT exercising in front of them), enjoyed a big breakfast, went to see the new Harry Potter movie (it was FABULOUS), then came home.  I had to bring Maddie to the doctor's (allergies), and then do a Pampered Chef show.

I finally got home at 9:15.  I wanted to exercise, and got about 30 minutes in.  A far cry from the 5 miles plus upper body exercises I was supposed to get in.  I swore that I'd make it up today.

I didn't wake up until 10:45 am (after a not so great night's sleep on Thursday), just in time to say good-bye to Steve before he went to work overtime, and before I had to get the girls at the sleepover they had attended.

We finally got home, and I put in my video.  2 1/2 miles into the walk, something happened to my knee.  It hurts to put weight on my left leg, right under my kneecap.  No idea what I did.  So I had to stop.  I'm icing my knee, and waiting for Steve to come home with Chinese food. Nothing says I'm committed to this weight loss/ exercise program, like asking your husband to bring home sodium and MSG laden take out food. :(  Steve did helpfully point out that kitchen is on the main floor of the house, and I could have cooked (it doesn't hurt to stand, just walk & go up stairs), but I just want to sit here. And feel sorry for myself. ;)

Leslie is planning a December challenge, and hopefully I'll be up for that!  I certainly want to keep up the strength training, and I can do the upper body stuff even if my knee hurts.  Except for today. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you've been doing great, you deserve at day off! But I'm sorry for the way it came about!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)