Wow, I can't believe how quickly this month has gone by! We've had a wonderful, relaxing day here at the Towne House. Maddie isn't feeling great, Steve's had a headache all day, and Patience seems to be having some kind of allergy flare-up, so we stayed home from church.
I thought of something earlier that I'm thankful for, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is! Hate that...
(Pause for a bit of thought)
I'm thankful today for time alone with Steve. Not just *that kind* of alone time, but like today, being able to go grocery shopping, just the two of us. Having our 3 kids so close in age...let me tell you, it felt like there were years when we just didn't get ot hang out together without always having small people around. We adore the kids, but you know, you need to just hang out with your best friend sometimes.
Now that the kids are older, it so fantastic to say, "We're going to get lunch" or "Mom & Dad are going to a movie" or even "We're going grocery shopping--see you in an hour!" The kids are at fabulous ages, and this is just another perk of having survived their younger years of having older kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)