Sunday, February 19, 2006

Feeling like a schlep

There is a Kids' Fun Fair at the RI Convention Center today.  Lots of rides, exotic animals, cotton candy--the works.


 


My aunt very kindly sent us 5 tickets to get in (let's count: Steve, Amanda, Eli, Maddie & Patience = 5).  I was supposed to have a Pampered Chef party today, but it was cancelled, so I thought, "Great, we can all go as a family!"


 


We told the kids we were going to Providence, but wouldn't tell them where.  I wanted it to be a surprise.


 


We got to the Convention Center--$8 for event parking.  YIKES.  Money is really tight right now with getting ready to move, some unexpected bills, and it is the slow time of year for both Steve and I for work.  Oh well, we got a great spot, and in we went.


 


Then we got to the guy taking tickets.  My aunt sent us 5 "admit one child 12 & under" tickets.  So of course, he tells us that we have to go buy 2 adult tickets.  The childrens' tickets said they were worth $7.99, so you know it was at least that much for the adults.  Let's see...$8 for parking, $8 for me, $8 for Steve.....sigh.  The bottom line is that we just didn't have the money.


 


So we had to pull the kids aside, and explain that we couldn't go through the doors to see the animals & exhibits (and we could smell the yummy treats and well, the animals too! LOL). 


 


I feel like such a jerk.  The kids were so disappointed.  And there was nothing we could do about it.  Unfortunately, that is what life is going to be like for a while.  Cutting out the extra stuff like Kids' Fun Fair.


 


We're home now--kids are watching a movie and brownies are in the oven.  UGH, why didn't I read the fine print on those tickets??????

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am reading your diary and that you are going to come in the room and yell at me for it. Sooo Guilty. Don't feel so badly about Valentines day, I had a Harbor Managment Commission meeting, not so romantic.


    This blog is great for you (notice I didn't say for me!). You love to write and journaling your move will help you express your frustrations. Just think of the fun you will have re-reading your blog from your wonderful, perfect new home after you are fully moved in. You can look back at the blog and laugh at all your ordeals and will then decide to NEVER move again.


    I will ask the secretary if there are any boxes anywhere. Don't see any lying around. I'll let you know.


    Sue

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)