Monday, February 6, 2006

Xanax, anyone?

I had such a stressful day.  Most of the stress is of my own making, but still.... 

  

I had to do a new consultant training today, so the 3 kids and I had to be out of the door by 9am.  I don't know about you other homeschooling moms, but we're just not used to being out so early!  

  

So off we went, with a few minutes to make a bank deposit.  And then off to South Attleboro--we were actually a few minutes early, so we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for some munchkins (diet? what diet?).  By 11:30am, we were back on the road.  

  

I had forgotten that I had a new consultant training meeting at my house this evening, and made plans to bring dinner to a friend who has just adopted a little boy from Russia.  We ran to the store for a salad (from the salad bar at Shaw's), Italian bread, and ingredients for the lasagna that you don't have to cook the noodles first.  

  

Got home, printed the recipe from the Internet (I've already packed my cookbooks), made the lasagna, cleaned the kitchen and living room while it baked.  Called the new mom, who didn't answer the phone, to let her know I was coming.  Tried to set up things for the meeting. 

  

2:45 (roughly) got everyone back into the car, hit the bank again, went to the post office, then to my friend's house.  Dropped off the food with her mom and took the kids to Burger King, so that I wouldn't have to mess up the kitchen when I got home!!!  Had my first Diet Coke in 3 weeks. SIGH. 

  

Finished getting ready for my meeting, did some laundry and played Spider Solitaire on the computer until meeting time.  Had a great meeting, Arlean made a fantastic new PC recipe (Strawberry Amaretto Pastry Puffs--or something like that) that I polished off once everyone had left (diet?  who keeps saying diet?). 

  

Tomorrow I have a director call at 9:30, but will be trying to get the kids to do the first book work they've done since last Wednesday.  *cringe*  Other than that, NO PLANS.  I think.  With my luck, I've made some commitment that I've forgotten about. 

  

Wednesday we go to look at another apartment.  *crossing fingers*  The one we looked at on Sunday was a no-go.  There were no appliances (we were supposed to provide them?  I don't think so!), no washer/dryer hook-ups and no yard.  We'll pass. I had to reschedule Patience's appointment for a filling, because I scheduled the apartment viewing on Wed. for the exact same time.  Now she can't get in for another month.  Oh well, she isn't complaining about being in any pain.  She does have 2 loose teeth, though. 

  

Steve missed school tonight, because he had to work late.  Oh, and we get to do our taxes this week, fun, fun!  Hopefully we're getting a pile of money back, because Lord knows (and He does!!!) that we need it! 

  

Okay, I think that's it.  The sugar buzz is dulling the stress...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)