We have 2 cats, Cassie & Selden (sister & brother), who are about 4 years old. We got them as kittens--I should say, I got them as kittens, and my husband just rolled his eyes!
Anyway, they've had a slight flea problem since day one. We put the Frontline on them, but we can never seem to quite get rid of the pesky buggers!
Since we'll be moving soon (and the cats were scratching to beat the band
), I decided to go stock up on Frontline. The kids and I took a ride to the vet's this morning where I was informed that 7 doses (a 6 pack plus a free dose) would be $88!!!! I don't even like the cats that much!!!! AUGHH!
I reluctantly handed over a check, not quite daring to ask if they would hold it for, say a month or so! Oy. So much for being frugal this week!
Sorry to hear about the flea problem. Ouch on the cost of a preventing them
ReplyDeleteTNMOM
Our cats have had them since their first summer here, poor things. We have tried the stuff from two different vets, and found that they work no better than the stuff at the local stores that we have tried. That is not saying much, as the ones from the store don't work well on them either. We have taken to just combing the cats each day and flushing the darn fleas down the toilet or putting them outside. We are really low on money this winter, and can't afford to buy things that don't even work. We even sprayed and powdered the rugs and furniture, and that did no good.
ReplyDelete