Friday, February 3, 2006

The Search Continues......

I haven't filled out the application for the Cranston apartment yet.  I just do not know if I can go down to 2 bedrooms.   

   

We are going to look at an apartment in Johnston on Sunday.  3 BR's, double living room, but wall-to-wall carpeting.  Not good for Eli's allergies.  And its upstairs from a beauty salon, has a 3rd floor, and is located at a really busy intersection (is that all? sigh). 

   

Next Wednesday we are going to look at an apartment in West Warwick.  Literally 2 minutes from where we are.  First floor, 3 bedrooms, living & dining room, cats are okay, only $900/mo., parking and "decent" yard.  I'm going to drive by it tomorrow.   

   

I asked about the 2nd floor tenants, and was told they have 3 boys.  I didn't have the stomach to ask their ages.  If we take this apartment, I'm sure there will be some kind of "what goes around comes around" karma, and those boys will stomp on our heads just as we have done to mom and dad all these years!  Oh, and this place isn't available until mid-March at the earliest, late March at the latest. 

   

I still haven't heard from Mrs. B, whose husband owns the house in East Greenwich.  I may call her tomorrow. 

   

The kids did absolutely no school work today, unless you count housework as "home ec" and they're "go read because you're in trouble" time as actually fruitful.  It rained all day, and they were bouncing off of the walls.  They also watched an animated X-Men dvd. 

   

I, on the other hand, got a bit of PC work done.  Made customer care calls, got a mailing ready with new catalogs, left yet another message for one of my Feb. hosts. 

   

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in, so no snacks tonight.  I think I'll ride the exercise bike for a while and then treat myself to a bath (of course, I'll have to clean out the tub first......).  Steve bought me some Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint foam bath and lotion for Christmas, and I haven't tried it at all yet! 

   

On a very happy note, my friend Courtney and her husband Joe got home from Russia last night with thier baby boy, Joshua!!!  I can't wait to meet him--this has been a long road for them.  I'm so happy for this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)