Why do I not handle stress better? Why can I not just give it to God and forget it? It's like I pray about situations, and just after the "Amen" I stoop down and pick that weight back up again. Why?
We looked at another apartment yesterday and this morning (#'s 7 & 8). Yesterday's was really nice, fireplace, 3 BR, lots of room & storage, but too many negatives. Today's was nice. I can't really picture it without all of the current tenant's stuff, but there's 3 BR, a living and DR, decent size kitchen (new appliances!), and whirlpool jets in the tub! $900/month. We filled out the application right there. Very nice lady. I hope we made a good impression on her. BUT (and here's the stress inducing part!), she is going to FL and won't be able to tell us if we can have the apartment until the first week of MARCH.
Can anything about this move be easy? Please? Just one instance of, this is what you're doing and WHEN you're doing it. I hate not being able to plan. God is probably trying to work something out in me, but I don't feel like playing that game right now! Information is what I want! That, and someone to magically bring me 100 perfectly-sized boxes so that I can pack.
And on top of the stress (that, honestly, I'm creating for myself--I do realize this! I'm an honest nut-case.) of moving, now we're having car problems. The Ford needs a new timing belt and water pump ($400 at least), the Dodge needs new brakes and an inspection sticker) and on the ride to today's apartment, the Ford's transmission started acting up. I told Steve, if we have to replace a tranny (which would of course be on a credit card) we'll have to forego the cruise. I mean, we found out last year, that even a "free" vacation ends up costing money. And we both need new summer clothes, there are excursions from the ship, tipping, etc. We just can't do all of this.
OH, and I did our taxes yesterday with Turbo Tax. I hope I did something wrong, because it is telling me that we are getting $28 back from Federal and owe RI $354. I want to cry. Oh, that's right, I was just crying.
This will all work out. This will all work out. This will all work out. This will all work out.
it'll work out.... it always does.....
ReplyDeletecar troubles are the worst... they just escalate!
yikes-get those numbers fixed for tax time!~