Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of Co-Op

This year, we're blessed to be able to take part in a local co-op.  We were a part of it 3 years ago, but decided not to participate the last 2 years. This year, however, watch out!  The Towne's are here and ready to learn! :)

Today was not a normal Friday, though, because we had to leave early and drop our car off at the transmission mechanic to have the transmission fluid changed.  (Having had major transmission trouble with previous vehicles, we're trying to be proactive with our transmission maintenance on this car!)  We had already planned to carpool with my good friend, V, and her kids, so she just picked us up at the mechanic's and off we went!

Co-op started with an assembly in the gym.  Opening prayer, Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, a worship song & announcements.

Then, it was off to first period.  Eli is helping in the 6-9 year old P.E. class during this period.  Patience is taking drama.  I am teaching Literature for 12-13 year old kids, and Maddie is in my class.  The first book we are reading is King of the Wind by Marguerite Henry.

King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian

 I think it went well, for a first class.  The kids were all pretty quiet, but I think they'll open up as they feel more comfortable and get to know me better.

During 2nd period, Eli is taking Excellence in Writing, Madeline and Patience are taking Beginning Spanish, and I'm a helper in the other Writing class.  Again, quiet kids. :)  I'm not the best writer, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be.  It went well today, though.

Third period found the girls in General Science, Eli in Biology, and me with a free period.  I got to hang out in the mom's room and visit.

Next up was lunch--everyone's favorite part of the day. :)

I'm considered a floater during periods 3-5--meaning that I'm told on Friday morning where they need me.  Today I was supposed to help out in Patience's American History class, but they needed me in the nursery instead.  Madeline was in a different history class, and Eli was in a US Government class.

I spent the last period of the day cleaning the mom's room.  Each mom has a cleaning assignment each week, to help keep the place tidied up (we're meeting at a church).  Eli's last class was a Forensics class, while Maddie and Patience were in Art.

V dropped us off at the mechanic's.  He had called to say that the van was ready.  We were home by 2:30.  I am exhausted!  But the kids had a good time, and I think we're really going to enjoy being part of the co-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)