Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Story of the Day 9/14/11



Today's story is one that I found by chance at the library a few years ago.  I fell in love with the story, the illustrations...it's just such a sweet book.  And very appropriate for autumn!

Apple Picking Time tells the story of Anna and her family, who take time every year to help with the apple harvest.  For every bin of apples each person picks, they get a half-moon punched on their ticket--and they get paid for every half-moon they get. Anna is determined to fill a bin for the first time ever.

The story takes you from waking early in the morning, through a delightful lunch-time picnic (complete with Mama and Papa dancing around the orchard), to finishing a long day of work--and a half-moon punch for Anna.

We read this story every fall--now we just have to go apple picking!


Apple Picking Time (Dragonfly Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)