Don't you just hate it when you're in a cranky, crabby, icky mood, and while there doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it, you just can't seem to shake it?
That's been my day. And a Monday, to boot. Sigh.
It started off with me sleeping too late. Steve's alarm when off at FOUR-THIRTY AM. Why? He doesn't leave for work until 6:25am. And it doesn't take him 2 hours to get ready. He's always been like this. "Hey, I really like to hit the snooze button, so why don't I set the alarm so early that it ruins Amanda's sleep cycle?" SIIIIIGH.
I did fall back to sleep, but as usual, it meant that I slept the sleep of the dead after that alarm went off. The sun woke me up around 7:15, and I had to use my neck roll (rolled up towel I stick under my neck every morning to stretch it out--yes, I'm supposed to do this), and I kind of dozed until 8am.
Got up, put on my work out clothes, came downstairs & greeted the children. Well, 2 out of 3. I actually woke Patience up, so I was downstairs before her.
I checked Facebook & email, then did my Leslie Sansone workout video while the kids ate breakfast. I had bought them IHOP frozen pastries--they were thrilled. Once I was done exercising, meltdown #1 happened. Yesterday, I took the girls clothes shopping. Got them a bunch of new tops (old ones had shrunk and weren't passing the "can you raise your arms up and not see your belly" test). Patience came strolling down in a new shirt.
Now, normally this might not be a big deal. But if you have known Patience for her entire life, as I have, you'll know that this kid destroys clothes. They're usually stained during the first wearing. Consistently. So, when I saw her sitting at the table, on a day when we had absolutely no where to go, knowing that the probability of her staining a new shirt was pretty high--well, I freaked. Not one of my more stellar parenting moments. Needless to say, she changed her shirt.
And that was it. Crankyville--population me. We did school work--Eli's doing okay with Algebra I, but needing help with negative & positive numbers, so a good deal of direction from me. I do Language Lessons and Grammar with the girls, so I'm sitting right there during those two lessons. Then they pulled out their Spanish homework--I don't speak Spanish, so it's an exercise in frustration to listen to them struggle through their work. I'm assuming it was finished.
The girls both did their math, with only Maddie needing a bit of help. Then they pulled out more co-op homework. Let me tell you--I'm sure this co-op is going to be a good thing, but DANG, it is taking some getting used to. Maddie and I mapped out her History homework (which required me running to Wal-Mart to pick up some supplies), and both girls looked at their Science homework. Oh, and they did their Art homework.
Eli worked on some of his homework--Forensics, Biology...he might have looked at his Writing and American Government--I'm not sure. How hands on am I supposed to be? I'm used to being in control (? or at least knowing what they're doing) of what they're learning. Now, I'm not always sure. And it's weird.
Dinner was a casual affair of leftover soup in front of the tv. I know, I know. Please don't throw tomatoes. Then I ran to Wal-Mart. Once home, I wrestled the remote away from Steve (not physically--it was more of a psychological battle-ha!) and watched an episode of Pioneer Woman's new Food Network show. I liked it!
It's time for some chocolate and Monday Night Football. Then bed. And a better day tomorrow!
I wish I could watch Food Network. It's the only thing I'd like to have cable for really.
ReplyDelete