Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Story of the Day 9/20/11

I'm just getting to blog about this now--busy week!

We read one of my favorite Five in a Row books yesterday, Night of the Moonjellies.  I'm completely biased towards books that take place in New England, and this sweet book is set in New London, Connecticut.



Night of the Moonjellies is about a small boy named Mark, who helps out at his grandmother's seaside food stand.  Lobster rolls, hamburgers, hot dogs, clam chowder, popcorn...I get hungry just reading this book!

The story follows Mark (a true story, in fact) as he makes his way to the food stand and finds something.  He shows Gram, and she promises him a surprise once their work for the day is done.

I love the relationship between Mark and all of the the families who work at Mar-Gra's (the food stand), and especially the special relationship that Mark and his grandmother share.

1 comment:

  1. I love Night of he Moonjellies. I wish Mar-Gra's was still open. Last summer East Beach in Charlestown was full of moonjellies. I always wanted to go back at night to see if we could see them but we never did.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)