I'm so happy to report that we were able to get 15 days of school done in August! So, while today is the official "First Day of School," we only have 165 days to go! :)
*****
First day went great. We read Time of Wonder by Robert McCloskey, possibly the most perfect end of summer picture book ever. I managed to read it without choking up. Eli tolerated me reading a "kids book", but expressed impatience by drumming his fingers on his arm the whole time. Sigh.
The kids got Grammar, Math, and Language Arts done, as well as doing reading for History & Science. Several of their classes won't begin until co-op starts, so this week shouldn't be too strenuous.
We also finished watching Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel. We read Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea last school year. I love those movies. The kids enjoyed them, but declared them "sappy." I'm pretty sure they were all switched at birth.
*****
So--SIXTEEN days down, 164 to go! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)